We've made some important changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy and we want you to know what this means for you and your data.
By continuing to use this site you agree to our terms listed on the links below.
Agree and continue using this site
The following document details the Privacy and Security Statement of Silverstinger Limited and its trading names (IREAD ON THE INTERNET, SILVERSTINGER, HAPPYARIUM, SILVERCIPHER, FOCUSSNAP).
Silverstinger Limited is registered in England and Wales (Registration number 07442546).
Silverstinger Limited maintains an ongoing registration with the ICO (Registration reference: ZA084706).
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW DO WE DO IT:
We may collect data about you in the following situations:
• when you provide information by filling-in forms (Online forms, paper based forms).
• when information is provided at the time of registering to use our websites, subscribing to our services, posting material, sending emails or messages or requesting further services or advice.
• we may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or a promotion sponsored by Silverstinger Limited and/or its trading names.
• when you report a problem with our affiliated websites.
• if you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
• we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• we collect details of transactions you carry out through our websites and data necessary for the fulfilment of your orders including:
o Email address.
o Billing address.
o Delivery address.
o Credit/debit card number.
o Security code and expiry date.
• where applicable, when you request a quote for one of our services , we will retain:
o Email address.
o Telephone number.
o Residence address.
o Type of equipment you possess and other information relevant to the requested service and which is deemed necessary to compute the quote.
• we keep track of details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to:
o traffic data.
o location data.
o weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own IP addresses.
• we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• to ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner that suits you and the device you are using to access the sites.
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• Where applicable, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so and to notify you about changes to our service.
• If you are an existing customer (user), we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about your orders, requested quotes or/and goods & services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. You may request to opt out of receiving marketing material at anytime by sending us and email to email@example.com titled: “Unsubscribe”.
• We may also use your data, or permit our group companies to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and or they may contact you about these. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please do notify us by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Where applicable, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 100 women aged under the age of 25 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group (trading names). We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• if Silverstinger Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR DATA:
• Your data will be processed exclusively in the United Kingdom.
• If migration is required, your data will be processed in a safe and secure way without hindrance to usability according to our Migration policy.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR DATA FOR:
• We will keep your data as long as you are an active client
• We will keep your data for 5 years after you cease being a client.
• We will keep your data for 5 years for marketing purposes if you agree to our marketing policy.
WHY AND HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA UP-TO-DATE:
Why: We keep your data up-to-date in order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation .
How: information is updated during client visits (Face-to-face), or by requesting the information via secure email or over the phone.
HOW OFTEN WE UPDATE YOUR DATE:
Every 12 months or sooner if the need arises.
We would like to send you information about products and services that are provided by Silverstinger Limited and its trading names and which might be of interest to you.
You will need to opt-in and give your consent in order to receive such material.
Your consent to receive marketing material can be withdrawn at any time by sending an email titled “Unsubscribe” to email@example.com.
We may use data about you to produce marketing material for our company and/or its trading names. The data (photos of equipment or result of a service) will be used in an anonymous may.
We collect information about our customers via server logs, cookies, forms, order forms and competitions. A cookie is a file that your web browser places on your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. The cookie does not store any credit/debit card information nor password details.
By navigating our site and accepting our Terms and Conditions and our Privacy and Security policy you have agreed to accept cookies from our websites.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a remote destination which is outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA ,who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation.
Shopping on our sites is safe and secure. Our sites use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide encryption of personal information such as your name, address and credit card details. In this way, information passed between your computer and us cannot be read in the unlikely event of someone intercepting it. Credit or debit card transactions are secure when processed on our websites.
We will only accept payments for orders using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently reveal personal information such as bank details and credit card information by using an unsecure connection. The latest browsers all support SSL. If for any reason this option has been disabled on your browser, you will not be able to transact until you reset these options.
You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the grey bar at the bottom of your screen. This should appear on any page where you are entering personal information (such as your credit card details) - no other page will transmit information about you.
Part of your data is securely kept and locked on a hard medium in our head office at 23 Belmont Avenue KT36QE for accounting purposes in accordance with GDPR. NB: Until further notice, all of our payments are processed by PayPal and we do not hold our client’s banking details or any sensitive financial information. Such information is stored and processed by PayPal . PayPal uses SSL connections when processing payments. PayPal is responsible for data kept on their servers.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not take any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We take the risk of internet fraud very seriously. With the volume of fraudulent credit card transactions increasing, we make every effort to ensure all orders are thoroughly checked using the information already supplied. There is a possibility we may contact you to make additional security checks and we ask for your co-operation to enable us to complete them. Fraudulent transactions will not be tolerated by us and such transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION:
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.